Dalai Quote

“If you wish to experience peace, provide peace for another.” - Dalai Lama

Thursday, October 21, 2010

In the Voice of Students...

“The Dalai Lama is a great spiritual leader and a model human being. I am so glad he can come to Miami to share his life experiences and wisdom with us.”
Justin Mills, junior psychology major




"I’m interested in hearing what he has to say. I've heard him before and he speaks very well and with a lot of knowledge about world affairs, so it would be nice to get his perspective. Also I’m quite interested in hearing what he has to say about the Chinese issue."
Chanil De Silva, sophomore finance major"


"I was hoping to gain a better view on other cultures and it’s a once-in-a-lifetime experience to hear someone speak that is such an influential leader in the world."
Lauren Schnaith, freshman early childhood education major






“The Dalai Lama is a wonderful embodiment of peace and kindness. I find it interesting how on a campus so materialistic his presence still causes a stir. Students are so excited about his visit that I sometimes refer to the event as a ‘J-Crew sale’. We should get him a Miami North Face to take back to Tibet.”
Ben Wood, sophomore pre-communication major


"I want to gain a better understanding of the Dalai Lama's role as both head of state and the spiritual leader of Tibet, and what his views are on the ethics of today's world and how they have transformed."
Maggie McGrath, freshman business economics major



"Unfortunately I wasn’t able to get tickets because of its popularity. However, I hope to hear the experiences of my peers and hopefully learn more from them."
Sarah Bullock, senior exercise science major




"I'm going to see him because I have to for a class. I would not have bought a ticket if I didn't have to. I hope he leaves me with good advice though, maybe a better understanding of life."
Stacie Testaguzza, junior creative writing major




"I think that it is an amazing and rare opportunity for the students at Miami University. I believe that every person could learn something from hearing him speak because he is such an influential political figure."
Courtney Voegele, sophomore pre-communication major

Interviews conducted by Ron Albritton, a sophomore pre-journalism and creative writing double major.

No comments:

Post a Comment